Infectious Disease Electronic Laboratory Reporting
You will need to register at the CDPH HIE Gateway if you intend to send infectious disease laboratory reports (ELR) for Title 17 Section 2505 reportable conditions to the California Reportable Disease Information Exchange (CalREDIE) within the CDPH Division of Communicable Disease Control. Please refer to the LHJ MU Capacity Matrix for the list of those CalREDIE LHJs who have declared CDPH HIE Gateway as their registration point to enroll in CalREDIE ELR.
- Meaningful Use
- Onboarding Process
- Helpful Resources
Meeting Meaningful Use for Infectious Disease Electronic Laboratory Reporting in California
17 CA ADC § 2505
- Within one year of the establishment of the state electronic reporting system, all List (e)(1) diseases, in addition to being reported by telephone within one hour, shall be reported electronically to the state electronic reporting system within one working day of identification.
- Within one year of the establishment of the state electronic reporting system, all List (e)(2) diseases shall be reported electronically to the state electronic reporting system within one working day of identification.
- Speak with your Meaningful Use coordinator on how ELR addresses Meaningful Use incentives.
Register with the CDPH HIE Gateway and receive all appropriate credentials and instructions necessary for submitting lab reports data electronically to CalREDIE. For more information about Electronic Lab Reporting please visit the CalREDIE ELR page.
Electronic Laboratory Reporting is used by laboratories to report laboratory testing results suggestive of diseases of public health importance as mandated by title 17 section 2505.
Contact your local health department for information on how to use the CalREDIE Provider Portal. For more information about Provider Portal please visit the CalREDIE PP page.
Confidential Morbidity Report is used by health care providers to report a suspect or known case of diseases or conditions of public health importance as mandated by title 17 section 2500.
Information needed for Registration
Please have your CLIA number available and elect a facility ELR liaison as a point of contact for our CalREDIE ELR Analysts. Also, refer to the CalREDIE ELR Registration Guide covering the registration process and outcome of registration.
Frequently asked questions pertaining to Infectious Disease Electronic Laboratory Reporting with the Gateway can be found on our FAQ webpage under the CalREDIE section.
HIE Gateway Help
- Phone: (855) 281-4996
- Email: HIEHelp@cdph.ca.gov
ELR Specific Support
- Phone: (866) 866-1428
- Email: CalREDIEHelp@cdph.ca.gov
Just call (855) 281-4996 for support
or e-mail us at HIEHelp@cdph.ca.gov