Electronic Case Reporting
You will need to register at the CDPH HIE Gateway if you intend to send electronic initial case reports (eICR) for Title 17 Section 2500 reportable conditions to the California Reportable Disease Information Exchange (CalREDIE) within the CDPH Division of Communicable Disease Control. Please refer to the LHJ MU Capacity Matrix for the list of those CalREDIE LHJs who have declared CDPH HIE Gateway as their registration point to enroll in CalREDIE eCR.
- Meaningful Use Stage 3
- Onboarding Process
- Helpful Resources
Meeting the MU3 for Electronic Case Reporting in California
- EP's and EH's must be in active engagement with a public health agency or clinical data registry to submit electronic public health data in a meaningful way using certified EHR technology, except where prohibited, and in accordance with applicable law and practice.
- Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) is a measure that satisfies MU Stage 3 Public Health Reporting objectives.
- In order to meet this measure, healthcare providers must have the capability to submit electronic case reports to CalREDIE in accordance with the national standard that has been developed for certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT) to generate an eICR as described in the HL7 CDA? R2 Implementation Guide: Public Health Case Report, Release 2- U.S. Realm- the Electronic Initial Case Report (eICR).
Please see the CalREDIE Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) informational web page for a list of Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) FAQ's.
HIE Gateway Help
- Phone: (855) 281-4996
- Email: HIEHelp@cdph.ca.gov
eCR Specific Support
- Phone: (866) 866-1428
- Email: CalREDIEHelp@cdph.ca.gov
Just call (855) 281-4996 for support
or e-mail us at HIEHelp@cdph.ca.gov